Cleaning Grease Cleaning Grease
There are many cleaning products and solutions on the market to aide in cleaning grease. However, these products might not be handy when faced with a greasy mess. The following will give tips on cleaning automotive and cooking grease with household products.
Tips on removing cooking grease
- Fabric-Mix a degreasing dishwashing detergent with water and saturate the greased area. Aloe Vera gel or hairspray have been known to work as well.
- Cabinets-Use a sponge soaked in vinegar and wipe cabinets until the area is clean. Follow with spraying a common household cleaner to alleviate the vinegar odor. If the cabinets are wooden, use the suds from dishwater to wipe clean.
- Appliances-Warm sudsy water will work wonders, but for tougher stains, spray with a mixture of dish detergent and water.
Tips on removing automotive grease
- Fabric-Use a degreasing dishwashing liquid mixed with baking soda and apply to fabric.
- Skin- Lighter fluid can be used to remove grease from skin. If you use this method, wash area immediately after removing the grease with a strong detergent and water to remove all lighter fluid.
- Carpet-Blot the grease stain immediately but do not rub it into the area. Now amply cover the spot with cornmeal and let soak. After vacuuming apply dry- cleaning fluid, cover with a cotton cloth and let set.