Convert Your 3 Car Garage Convert Your 3 Car Garage
Many people have a great deal of unused space in their garage, especially if they have a 3 car garage. There are also people that have a garage and never use it to park their car in. If you are a homeowner with a 3 car garage, you have a lot more flexibility than most people. You could convert two thirds of your garage and still have room for your car. One great idea for a 3 car garage is to turn it into a bedroom. There are some simple steps for converting your garage into a bedroom.
- Start by taking out the garage door.
- Build a new wall where the garage door was taken out.
- Insulate the outer walls.
- Make a closet by building a frame in the room.
- Take out any garage lights, and replace them with lighting that is meant for the inside of a house.
- Finish the walls of the room with drywall.
- Decide if you want to replace the door that connected the house to the garage with an interior door that will match the rest of the house.
- Decide on a color and paint the room.
- Pick out the flooring that you would like to have in the room and install it.
After following these steps, you will have a new bedroom and additional space in your home.