Corner Block Corner Block
A corner block can be used to strengthen the corners of frames or joints as well as eliminate the worry of how to fit crown moldings into corners. When doing this there are a few simple steps to follow.
- If you have crown molding installed you need to take it down for the moment so that you can install the corner block.
- When installing the corner blocks you will want to make it sit perfectly in the corner. For a temporary hold you can use double sided tape to hold it.
- Next you will have to cut the crown molding to make room for the corner blocks.
- Finally caulk the crown molding pieces.
Tips for Installing a Corner Block with Crown Molding
- If you have someone that can help you it will make the installation of the corner block go a lot faster.
- Also you should have eye protection on when you and your partner are installing the corner blocks so that you don’t get injured.