How to Create a Pet Door in Hollow Core Doors
Many people have hollow core doors that need a pet door so their pet can go out into the yard when they are not around. Creating a pet door in hollow core doors is a rather simple task. Here are a few things you will need for supplies:
• The correct sized pet door kit.
• Dremel cutting guide attachment #565
• Hammer and Metal Punch
After you gather these items you are ready to actually create the hole.
Creating the Pet Door
• Find the bottom center of hollow core door that you are installing the pet door into and trace the pet door template on it.
• Punch through the four corners of the traced area.
• Carefully cut along the traced lines. Make sure that you are cutting through the whole door.
• Before you install the pet doorframe into the hollow core doors be sure to eliminate any rough edges that may exist. You can use a grinding stone or even a simple piece of sand paper.
• Install the frame and the rest of the pet door and you are done.