Door knob installation can be easy to do. If you have the proper tools and planning, you can install a door knob quickly and with little effort involved.
- Put the new door latch in place and screw it in position. Proper positioning of the latch is essential to a door knob that will function properly.
- Put the door knobs and any trim in place on both sides of the door. Ensure that the knobs fit together inside the door and that the screw holes all line up.
- Put the long screws through the screw holes in the door knob on both sides of the door. Using an alternating pattern, tighten the screws. This is done by tightening a screw on one side of the door and then the other.
- Make sure that you have thoroughly tightened all of the screws. If there is any rattling or looseness to the door knob, the screws are not tight enough and you will need to tighten them up some more.
- Attach the new strike plate in place on the door with screws. Tighten the screws completely.
After you have followed these steps, you will have a new door knob installed. Test the door knob to make sure that it functions properly. Make sure that the latch is long enough to keep the door securely closed.