Drip Cap Drip Cap
A drip cap is a very useful item to install as it will protect your window trim from wood rot. A drip cap can come in various types; however they are installed in a similar way. Follow the these steps to successfully install your drip cap.
- You will want to look directly above your window and remove a single row of siding from it. Before proceeding to the next step you should clean the area where the cap is going.
- Next you will want to nail the drip cap to the area above the window. Try to center the cap above the window to the best of your ability.
- Finally, you will want to cover up the nails so they are not exposed. The easiest way to do this is to use roofing tar. Also make sure you apply sealant around the drip cap where it connects to the house.
Key Tips for Installing a Drip Cap
- It is assumed that you have already bought a drip cap from the store and that it is slightly longer than your window.
- If you buy a sheet of aluminum you can make your own drip cap by bending it into shape.