An elbow is designed to change the flow of water. An elbow can be used in almost any application that involves water including:
- Shower Heads
There are also several different types of elbows that exist including:
- Street Elbow – Your typical male to female connector.
- Tee – Used to combine or split fluid flow.
- Cross – Has one inlet and three outlets.
- Cap – Covers the end of a pipe that has female threads.
- Plug – Similar to a cap but has male threads.
- Nipple – Pipe with two male ends.
Installing an Elbow
An elbow is very easy to install on almost everything. This example is how to install a designer elbow in a shower.
- You will want to start by removing the shower arm flange that is there. This will give you access to the shower arm.
- Before you unscrew the shower arm you should mark where it meets the wall.
- After you have unscrewed the shower arm you will want to attach a ½ inch pipe nipple and use Teflon tape to wrap it. The final thing you need to do with the nipple is to put the flange on it.
- Now you’re ready to screw on the designer elbow on to the pipe nipple.
- Finally just cover the elbow and attach the hose.