Electric Heating Efficiency Electric Heating Efficiency
With soaring energy costs and winter quickly approaching, it is important to get the most for your money. If your home is gas-heated, you need to consider how you can save money by using the following tips to help achieve electric heating efficiency.
How to obtain electric heating efficiency by winterizing your home:
• Caulk and weather strip windows and doors before winter hits; this is an easy do-it-yourself project.
• Attach a heat-resistant insulated blanket around your water heater. These can be purchased at any home improvement store.
• Use electric space heaters
Electric Heater Efficiency
Newer electric heaters are not considered unsafe for home use and possess many benefits.
First, no heat is lost through heating ducts and no heat is wasted in areas of the home that are vacant or uninhabited.
Efficient Electric Heating Safety Rules
Although electric heaters are safer than they used to be you will still need to apply common sense.
• Never use with an extension cord
• Do not over load electrical outlets
• Install fire detectors in your home
• Never place an electric heater too close to furniture
• Maintain a sensible distance when sitting near an electric heater