Fascia Board Fascia Board
Every home owner will have to replace the fascia board at one point or another. One of the main spots that can become water damaged on the exterior is the fascia. By replacing the damaged fascia board you will avoid potential mold and warping from damaged wood. Replacing the fascia is very simple provided you have a few tools and you buy the replacement wood.
How to Replace the Fascia Board
- Start by removing the gutter and any extra roof shingles that may be covering the fascia board. This is easiest if you decide to erect a scaffold but a ladder will work just as well.
- Use a circular saw that is set to a 45 degree angle to cut off the damaged fascia board that is present.
- Next take a new board and trim it up to the length of the piece that you cut off.
- Take the two pieces of wood and drill pilot holes for the nails and nail the boards together.
- Finally, you’ll want to paint or stain the new fascia board to match the existing ones.