Fireplace Stone Veneer: Selecting Your Stone Fireplace Stone Veneer: Selecting Your Stone
While most people probably think of stone veneer as being used for siding, it can also be used for a fireplace. Having a stone veneer fireplace is a great cost saving option. Here are a few things to remember when picking out your stone.
Before you decide which type of stone veneer to use, you’ll need to figure out what area you are covering. Veneers are available in fireplace box shapes; these will simply snap around your current fireplace, upgrading the look. You may choose to use veneer on the wall above the fireplace as well. Some people choose to use veneer on the entire wall.
Some things to keep in mind:
- A large stone won’t look as stunning on a whole wall as a smaller stone will.
- A small stone just used over the fireplace may look understated.
- What color stone will go best with your furniture?
- What color stone is timeless, and so likely to go with future pieces of furniture and changes in the rooms decor?
- Shop around for the best deal.
Stone fireplace veneer is affordable and available just about everywhere.