Garage Door Opener Problems Solved Garage Door Opener Problems Solved
When you click the garage door remote you don't expect any problems. If you encounter garage door opener problems, being able to identify the trouble can lead to a quick repair.
Garage Door Doesn't Close Completely
- Adjust the close limit switch.
- Determine if the door is binding properly.
- Check the infra-red sensors to make sure the door pathway is clear.
Garage Door Doesn't Open Completely
Move the limit switch closer to the motor.
Garage Door Doesn't Stay Closed
You need to adjust the close force.
Motor Keeps Running After the Door Operates
Move the limit switch away from the motor.
Garage Door Doesn't Work With the Remote or Wall Push Button
- Make sure garage door opener is plugged in.
- Check the circuit breaker or fuse.
- Look for nails, staples or breaks in the wiring.
Garage Door Doesn't Open or Close When Using Remote
- Remote can be out of range.
- Antenna on the garage door opener should be hanging down.
- Replace the battery in the remote.
- Reprogram the remote.
Noises Coming From the Motor
Grinding or scraping sounds can indicate a garage door problem with the motor or gears.