Homemade Romantic Gifts You Can Make in the Kitchen Homemade Romantic Gifts You Can Make in the Kitchen
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and you may be stumped on what to get your sweetheart this year. If the traditional chocolates and stuffed bears are growing old, you may want to consider something new and exciting that you can whip up right in your own kitchen. Turn up the heat, and we're not talking food.
What could be more personal than a handmade gift from the heart? Making your homemade gift will remind you of just how important your Valentine is to you and this, in itself, can be therapeutic. Try some of these fun and romantic gifts that truly say, I love you!
Hold My Hand Cream
Who doesn’t want silky hands? If your Valentine is a hand holder, this cream will be something that you both can enjoy. The dry winter months can take a toll on skin and make hand holding uncomfortable. This natural hand cream is not like commercial creams that suck the life out of your skin and leave behind a chemical-laden residue. Instead, this cream is made from organic ingredients that actually feed your skin and promote healing so you can enjoy all the pleasures of hand holding all day long.
Ingredients: (this makes about 6 oz.)
- 1/3 cup sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 30 drops lemon essential oil (or any other type you like)
- 3 tablespoons grated beeswax
- Place the almond and coconut oils together with the beeswax in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Heat until just warm - this usually takes about 5 minutes
- Add about 30 drops of essential oil
- Refrigerate the oils for about 10 minutes
- Pour the oil into a glass container with a lid and allow it to cool completely
- Store at room temperature
All Over Body Massage Oil
There is nothing like a great massage to soothe your Valentine’s tired muscles and to help both of you de-stress. Massage is a highly therapeutic way to rid the body of toxins and promote a sense of peace. No need to spend high dollars on expensive commercial massages or massage products. Fuel up the romance with the help of this organic massage oil.
- Carrier oil (sweet almond oil, safflower oil, olive oil)
- Essential oil (10 drops lavender essential oil, 10 drops rosemary oil, 10 drops begamont oil)
- Dark brown or blue glass bottle with a cap
- Eye Dropper
- Glass measuring cup
- Add 4 tablespoons of carrier oil into a glass bowl.
- Add the essential oil drops.
- Swish the essential oils lightly around in the bowl.
- Pour oils into the glass container and store at room temperature.
- Use only a small amount for massage as it goes a long way.
Silky Body Lotion Bar
For all over body softness try this easy-to-make natural lotion bar. Group several together and tie with a bow for a wonderful surprise. These user-friendly bars are great for after shaving or everyday.
- 1 part organic coconut oil
- 1 part shea butter
- 1 part beeswax
- Vitamin E oil
- Silicone molds
- Put all ingredients in a quart-size mason jar with lid.
- Place the jar in a saucepan with about 1 inch of water and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Pour into molds and allow to harden - pop bars out only after they are cool.
Pucker-Up Chocolate Lip Balm
Winter can take a toll on your lips and commercial lip balm is often full of harsh chemicals that don't really work. If you and your Valentine are chocolate lovers, this is the perfect gift for both of you.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pearls
- 1/8 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon shea butter
- 1/2 tablespoon organic cocoa butter
- 1/2 teaspoon clover honey
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Contents of 2 vitamin E capsules
- 3 drops spearmint essential oil
- Lip balm containers
- Place the shea butter, coconut butter and the coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Heat over very low heat for about 15 minutes; stir once in a while.
- After everything has melted add the beeswax and stir until it melts.
- Remove the pot from the double boiler and add in your essential oil, vitamin E, cocoa powder and honey.
- Whisk until smooth and move and pour into lipbalm tube.
- Allow the lipbalm to cool for about 4 hours.
Make your Valentine happy this year with one of these amazing gifts of love from your kitchen and your heart.