How to Care for a Laminate Table How to Care for a Laminate Table
While laminate tables are known for their durability and ease of maintenance, you will get the longest possible life out of your laminate surface if you follow these care tips.
- Wash the table with a mild cleaning solution using a moist cloth, lukewarm water and a mild soap.
- Avoid scrubbing the table to remove the dirt. Gently rub the surface of the laminate table.
- Do not forget to dry the laminate table after you finish cleaning it. Water can seep inside the furniture and cause severe damage.
- Avoid setting hot pots and dishes directly on the surface of laminate tables as it can as extreme heat can damage the surface.
- Place a protective cloth on the table before placing hot containers on the laminate surface. Pot holders and mats will protect the laminate.
- Scratches can spoil the look of the table. Try and pick items up rather than dragging them across the table as it can lead to scratches and marks that may be irreparable.
- Use furniture polish to remove stubborn stains. Follow the instructions properly before using the polish on laminate tables.
These tips will help you protect your laminate table and make it last longer.