How to Cook a T Bone Steak
The T Bone Steak is one of the most popular steaks on the market. There are many ways to cook a T Bone Steak but these are the most common three.
• Broil – When broiling a T Bone Steak it should be placed on a broiler pan about 2 to 4 inches from the heat source. The steak usually takes about 9 to 16 minutes depending on the size of it. About half way through the steak should be turned once as well.
• Grill – The T Bone Steak should be brushed lightly with oil and put directly on top of the heat source. The steak should be grilled about 10 to 16 minutes. Once again turn the steak once. Also the cook time depends on the thickness of the steak.
• Pan-broil – Once the skillet is hot add a little oil or butter and place the T Bone Steak on the skillet. Cook the steak for approximately 13 to 15 minutes. While cooking flip the steak once.
How to judge how done the T Bone Steak isThe internal temperature of the T Bone Steak should be about 160 degrees for a medium steak and 145 for medium rare. You can also tell how done they are by pressing on the meat.
• Very Rare – Very little resistance
• Medium Rare – Slightly Springy
• Medium – Firm but still springy
• Well Done – Quite Firm