How to Make Gel Air Freshener How to Make Gel Air Freshener
Making a gel air freshener is simple requiring about 30 minutes. A homemade gel air freshener can be one layer or several.
Making the Air Freshener
- Bring 1 cup of distilled water to a boil.
- Dissolve 4 packages of gelatin into the water.
- Take pan off of the stove eye and mix 1 cup of cold distilled water.
- Stir in 10 to 20 drops of the essential oil.
- Pour in several drops of food coloring.
- Allow the liquid to cool and fill the baby food jars.
- Allow the gel to firm up overnight.
The food coloring isn't required and can be left out of the mixture. Mold inhibitor is recommended, but isn't essential for making gel air fresheners. The gel can be added to undiluted liquid potpourri instead of water. Mix 2 packages of the unflavored gelatin to 1 cup of the potpourri.
To make air fresheners with different layers of color, let the first layer cool and set, then pour another layer. Use the fabric, ribbons to decorate the jars. The gel air fresheners can be placed in the refrigerator to cool them quicker.