How to Polish Golf Clubs How to Polish Golf Clubs
When your golf clubs are clean you will do much better on the golf course. Polishing your golf clubs is not only a way to keep them shining and looking good, but also improves the efficiency of the particular club. The grooves, and the exact shape of the golf clubs are what makes them accurate. Without cleaning and polishing, they will not perform to specifications. Here are some quick tips to polish your golf clubs.
Soak In Water
- Dip the head of the club into some warm soapy water for a few minutes. This will start to work on the dirt and grime.
- Remove from the water and wipe with a clean, soft rag.
Scrub Golf Clubs
- While using a wire brush, or a stiff toothbrush, scrub the head of the golf clubs with the soapy water.
- You will need to rub hard if the club is very dirty or has oxidized.
- Set the head of the golf club in the water again to rinse it off.
- Dry it completely.
- Apply some steel or chrome polish to a clean rag and rub it on the golf club.
- Apply a little pressure to the rag as you are making small swirling motions.
- Let it dry for a few minutes, then wipe it off with another rag. Repeat with remaining clubs.