How to Wash a Woven Area Rug How to Wash a Woven Area Rug
An area rug is bound to get dirty. Luckily rug cleaning is not that difficult. Something to keep in mind is that not all woven rugs can be washed with water. If you are not able to find the manufacturer instructions to clean your rug then these tips below will help you.
- Begin to prepare your woven rug by vacuuming it thoroughly.
- Add 2 capfuls of mild cleaner to a bucket of cool water.
- Mix the cleaner and water with a whisk or beater to produce suds.
- With a sponge, add only the suds to the rug.
- Do not get the rug wet; clean it with just the suds.
- Once you have thoroughly cleaned the rug you will then clean up the suds with a damp sponge.
- Do not let the suds set.
- Once you have removed all of the suds you should then lay your rug flat on a hard surface.
- Be sure to not hang up the rug, this could result in the rug losing its shape.
- Unless it is recommended by the manufacturer do not use a washing machine or dryer on your rug.