Install A Replacement Door Seal In 5 Steps Install A Replacement Door Seal In 5 Steps
Installing a replacement door seal will help you to save money on your energy bills by reducing the amount of air leaking to the outside. The entire process requires only basic tools and new weather stripping.
Steps to Install a Replacement Door Seal
- Measure your existing door frame to determine how much weather stripping you will need to perform the job.
- Remove the old weather stripping from the door using a putty knife or chisel.
- Thoroughly clean the area from which the original weather stripping was removed. Make sure that there is no debris left over because this can lead to an uneven, weak seal.
- Cut the new weather stripping using a razor knife to the correct sizes.
- Attach the new weather stripping to the door jambs using an adhesive such as liquid cement or epoxy.