Installing Drawer Extension Slides Step-by-Step Installing Drawer Extension Slides Step-by-Step
When selecting drawer extension slides, consider the drawer weight and depth and the mountain space. Also determine whether you need light, medium, heavy or special drawer slides, as what fits best in a kitchen cabinet may not work in a TV stand.
Drawer extension slides can be ball-bearing or heavy duty. The slides are fixed in pairs on which the drawer unit slides smoothly.
Steps for Installation
- Use a metallic measuring tape and set square for accurate measurements.
- Make markings for fixing either of the slides.
- On the markings, drill the holes wherein the screws will be inserted.
- Using these markings as a reference, make the markings for the parallel slide. Ensure that both slides and all markings are exactly even with each other so that everything runs smoothly.
- Select screws depending on the weight of the drawer unit and the weight it will have to bear.
- Now, make the markings on the drawer unit for the strip that rolls on the slides.
- On the markings, drill holes for screws appropriate for the thickness of the drawer walls.
- Fix the strip and tighten the screws.
- Coming back to the slides, fix both the slides loosely on the previously made markings.
- Now, insert the drawer unit. Test whether the drawer rolls smoothly.
- If the movement of the drawer unit is satisfactory, tighten the screws or make the needed alterations in the markings.
- After having ensured the smooth movement, tighten the screws on slides as well on the strip attached the drawer unit.