Is paint thinner toxic? Is paint thinner toxic?

Yes, paint thinner is very toxic, and could be dangerous if you use it, or dispose of it, improperly. Paint thinner fumes can make you sick, and if you inhale enough of them, they can cause damage to your brain and nerves, and even kill you. It is important to not use paint thinner with certain kinds of paint such as shellac, lacquers or latex, as this will cause deadly fumes as well. You should only use paint thinner in well ventilated areas, where you will have access to plenty of air. It’s also important not to just dump it into the trash, or pour it down the drain. It will contaminate the water or ground if you do this, and could cause them to be poisoned.

Got a New Project You're Proud of?

Post it on Your Projects!