Installing laminated wood is a small weekend project. There are a few tools you’ll need before getting started. These include:
- Saws – They can be manual or power saws.
- Measuring Tapes
- Pry Bars
- String Line
Before you start your laminated wood installation project make sure that you have cleared the room of everything and that you have spacer blocks. If the manufacturer didn’t supply them you will need to make 15 to 20 of them. The spacer blocks should ¼ of an inch thick.
Tips for Installing Laminated Wood Flooring
The actual installation of the laminated wood floor isn’t hard but it needs to be done with precision. There are a few things that you should do when installing each section.
- Lay down all of the boards in each row before starting that row.
- Always start away from the door and adjust the boards to fit the wall.
- After checking the alignment you should pick up the boards and apply the glue.
- Double check that the first rows are straight before the glue dries by checking them with a guide. Also, check to make sure the end joints are tight.
Following these few guidelines will ensure that your laminated wood flooring is installed smoothly.