Landscape Lighting Fixtures Landscape Lighting Fixtures
Landscape lighting fixtures are complementary elements commonly used among landscape designers to accentuate housing features.
Tips for choosing the right landscape lighting fixture:
- Plot out your property on graph paper, this allows you to create an outdoor lighting plan, which can make your home safer while enhancing special features of your property.
- Placing fewer lights often has the most impact.
- Solar powered lights are a good option when there’s no electrical source nearby.
- Tier lights direct light downward making them ideal for walkways and steps.
- Floodlights can direct lights at adjustable angles to highlight landscape features and architectural details.
- Taller landscape lighting fixtures illuminate larger areas and provide decorative accent lighting.
- The lights turn on automatically after sunset making your home safer and more attractive, while reducing your utility bill
When choosing your landscape lighting fixture, select a focal point such as a large tree, walkway or main entrance. Many solar powered lights have the solar panel, light and battery all in one self-contained unit. However, if shade is an issue on your property there are units that can be powered by a remote solar panel placed in a sunny location. Solar powered lights utilize LED lamps, which last much longer than halogen or incandescent lights. Many units have internal reflectors to enhance and distribute light evenly.