Leaky Bathtub Faucet Help
After years of use, a bathtub faucet can develop a leak, but you can fix your leaky bathtub faucet in a few simple steps:
- Turn off the water and then remove the screw in the handle of the faucet.
- Pry off the faucet handle. If it is frozen in place, spray lubricant on it and work it loose.
- Unscrew the valve from the housing.
- Remove the screw at the end of the valve and take out the washer.
- Replace the old washer with the new one and tighten the screw.
- Wrap the housing thread on the outside of the valve with Teflon tape to prevent it from leaking at the handle.
- Screw the valve back in the housing.
- Replace the handle back in its place.
- Start the water and check for leaks.