Luxury Home Designs that Save Energy Luxury Home Designs that Save Energy
While deciding on a luxury home design, it is important to consider its impact on your immediate environment. At times, most people spend a lot of money on various aspects of the building, such as furnishing, and forget about the impact of such aspects on the environment. This common behavior has caused considerable loss to our planet in one way or the other. However, further losses can be prevented if certain things are taken care of at the design stage itself.
The following resolutions, while designing your luxury home, can go a long way in making the planet “greener”:
- The home should be energy efficient.
- There should be facilities to conserve and recycle water.
- Grow plants in whatever space available.
- Protect the natural resources.
Tips for an Energy-Saving Luxury Home Design
- Use larger and insulated windows, which allow a large amount of natural light to enter your home.
- Usage of solar lighting and water heating facilities is highly recommended.
- Use exhaust fans, vapor barriers, and duct sealing for proper ventilation.
- Use dual flush toilets, low-flow shower heads, and a tankless water heater for saving water and better energy efficiency.
- Use a condensing boiler without reset controls instead of hot water boilers and distributors as it helps in saving more energy.
- Reduce your shower time by 4 to 5 minutes – this can save gallons of water.
- Use appliances featuring "Energy Star" logos.
- Ensure that your walls and attics are well insulated, as it will save more energy during winters when heat escapes out of the house.