Magnetic Mattress Benefits: Fact or Fiction? Magnetic Mattress Benefits: Fact or Fiction?
Magnets are known for their healing properties; this has led to the concept of the magnetic mattress to promote magnetic healing in the comfort and convenience of your own bed. Apart from the use of magnetic mattress pads, products such as magnetic jewelry, magnetic wraps, and magnetic-conditioned water are said to be beneficial.
How it Works
Around 50 to 200 magnets are sewn into a fabric. It is sandwiched between foam or polyester fibers and an outer layer of fabric which is usually a hypo-allergenic material such as cotton or damask. The mattress is just 3 to 4 inches thick. However, as the magnets are padded well, you don’t have to worry about feeling the magnets digging into your skin. The magnets are usually rated between 200 to 10000 gauss; the higher it is the more potent its effects.
It is said that there is an increase in blood circulation in the part of the body that is in contact with the magnet. This means that part receives a healthy supply of oxygen and other nutrients, which leads to healing.
Patients who can Benefit
People suffering from the following conditions may be interested in trying magnetic therapy for positive effects:
- Body Pain
- Problems with blood circulation
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nicotine addicts
Fact or Fiction
There are a few studies that have tried to prove the usefulness of a magnetic mattress. While there have been no conclusive results, there is nothing to suggest otherwise. Hence, there is no harm in experimenting with it. The FDA has withheld any objections regarding the use of magnetic pads for the relief pain for the time being.
The magnetic pad can help people suffering from insomnia. It can reduce stress and induce relaxation. This can result in a good night’s sleep and you are completely recharged when you get up.
When blood circulation is weak, you can tell by the coldness in your hands and feet. A magnetic pad that increases your circulation can ease these symptoms.
They are known to help relieve you of bone, joint and muscle pain, as well as headaches. It is supposed to be able to lessen muscle contraction and increase blood flow to provide relief. In addition to a magnetic mattress pad, you can speak to your doctor and include massage and acupressure to your treatment. It beats taking painkillers. Migraines and pain due to other conditions may be a thing of the past.
To Use or Not
- Always speak to your physician before you try anything new and unproven to cure an illness; this includes the magnetic mattress. As there is no definite proof of the effects of magnetic mattress pads, it is safer to take your doctor’s advice.
- People like pregnant women, babies, and those with pacemakers should avoid using the magnetic mattress.
- Ask the retailer about the quality and the magnetic strength of a magnetic mattress before purchase. These mattresses are typically range from $200 to $2000.
- Be cautious about using devices such as a laptop computer on magnetic mattress since magnets are able to impact computer hard drives.