Marble Countertop Building Tips Marble Countertop Building Tips
Chances are if you plan to install a marble countertop you might hire a professional since the material is quite expensive. Making mistakes during installation is not an option. You can, however, save money doing preparation work. Here are some tips to follow:
- Choose a thick marble countertop that provides better quality while resisting cracking when installing
- Dismantle your entire kitchen by removing the dishwasher after disconnecting all electrical and plumbing connections. Make sure to move the refrigerator and stove out of the way, also.
- Remove the old countertop by unscrewing it from the cabinet base. Remove the backsplash by sliding a putty knife behind it gently tapping the glue to break it loose.
- Clean up all your mess preparing a ready workplace for the new marble countertop to be installed.
- Make sure the cabinets are all level by adding shims where needed.
- You may need to move furniture or other appliances in adjoining rooms out of the way to allow for easier access when transporting your new marble countertop into the kitchen for installation.
- Complete the installation process by carefully cleaning any excessive glue that may be left by the installer.