Marble Fireplaces Marble Fireplaces
Marble fireplaces can enhance any room with majestic style and ageless classic beauty.
Marble Fireplaces have many benefits:
- Marble is virtually water resistant
- It is capable of withstanding extreme high temperatures
- Marble is easy to clean and relatively maintenance free
- Marble is visually exquisite and is always original in color and one-of-a-kind
- It will last for a lifetime with proper care
Marble is formed from limestone and extreme heat in the earth’s crust. When other minerals such as hematite and limonite are present during the re-crystallization process of marble, they will affect the final products color or coloring pattern. Therefore, explaining the different colors of marble and marble products. Marble is classified into four groups - A, B, C, or D. With A being the best grade because of its durability and quality. There are several different types of marble-calcite, dolomite, serpentine, and travertine. They are all similar in composition but vary in soundness and color.
Marble Fireplace Variations
A typical marble fireplace is Roman, Greek, or French in style. A marble fireplace generally has wide majestic columns that sometimes lead to the ceiling. They are generally considered dramatic and lavish, ornate, stately and grand in visual appeal.