Beauty Tips: Use Natural Foods for a Beautiful You Beauty Tips: Use Natural Foods for a Beautiful You
- Use cucumbers to tone your face. You can use either thin slices or the juice. Apply and leave on your face for 10 to 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- Use skim milk powder in place of cold cream to wash your face. It is great for all skin types. Be sure to rinse your skin thoroughly after use.
- If you wish to give yourself a head to toe moisturizing treatment, or a facial to alleviate dry skin, purchase a light, virgin olive oil from the local grocer's. Almond oil or avocado oil may also be used for fantastic results. Put a few drops of the oil of your choice in a small container and add a few drops of your favorite natural scent. Lavender is great. After your bath or shower and while your skin is still moist, massage the oil into your skin and around your fingernails and cuticles. When finished, you can run your fingers through your hair, if desired. This treatment nourishes skin, hair and nails.
- While running your bath, pour one cup of powdered skim milk into the bath water. Milk gently exfoliates your skin and leaves it soft.
- Relax in an oatmeal bath while it works magic on your skin. Pour 1/2 cup of whole oats into a piece of cheesecloth and fasten securely. Add to your bath water. Oatmeal softens and exfoliates your skin.
- To remove elbow discoloration, use lemon juice. Apply the juice to your elbows and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse. Do this daily until discoloration disappears.
- For puffy eyes, place thin, cool slices of cucumber on your eyes. Leave for 15 minutes and remove. The puffiness will vanish magically. Grated potato will also remove puffiness from your eyes.
- To take away shine from facial skin, use 10 drops of lemon juice to 1/2 cup of water. Dab the mixture onto your face with a cotton ball or soft cloth. Do not remove.
- To condition your hair, heat 1/2 cup mayonnaise in your microwave for approximately 15 seconds. Apply to dry hair, cover with a plastic bag and leave it for 20 minutes. Remove the plastic bag; rinse your hair with warm water and shampoo, as normal. Your hair will look terrific.
- If you'd like your makeup to stay fresh for hours, spritz your face with mineral water and allow to dry thoroughly. Do not wipe. Apply makeup, as normal. It will look fresh all day.
- If you aren't happy with your makeup remover, use almond or sesame oil. Apply the oil with a cotton ball or soft cloth. Almond and sesame oil will remove all traces of makeup, including waterproof mascara quickly and easily.
- Give yourself a moisturizer treatment just like the one that you'd receive at the spa. Wash your face well and while it is still wet, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into your skin. Continue to mix small amounts of water with the petroleum jelly until it is evenly spread and no longer has a greasy appearance. You will be amazed at the softness and appearance of your skin.
- Do you want your skin to be soft and glow? Mix two parts of coarse salt with one part of virgin olive oil to the juice of one lemon. Massage it into your skin while you shower. Rinse, pat dry and apply a natural moisturizer.
- For soft, beautiful hands, wash them in lukewarm water before going to bed. Cover with a generous amount of petroleum jelly, slip on a pair of white cotton gloves and retire. In the morning, remove the gloves, and wash your hands well. You'll be amazed at the results.
- Want whiter teeth? Mash strawberries in a small container, cover your toothbrush with the mashed berries and brush vigorously. Strawberries will remove both yellowing and stains.
- Remove wrinkles with seedless grapes. Cut grapes in half, crush gently and apply to wrinkles on your face and neck. Repeat daily and watch wrinkles and crows feet vanish.
- For a dry skin facial, beat two egg yolks in a small container and apply them to your face with a soft cloth or cotton ball. Avoid your eyes. Leave for 15 minutes without speaking. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Egg yolks tone and tighten facial and neck skin. Use this beauty treatment weekly for incredible results.
If you use these natural beauty tips regularly, you will notice a difference in your skin and hair in a very short time. Beautiful you will be even more beautiful. Don’t limit yourself to the beauty tips in this article. Use other natural foods and oils and have a lot of fun experimenting.