Partition Wall Partition Wall
A partition wall is often used in home remodeling to accomplish a change in the shape of the floor plan so it will not have an impact on the structural integrity of the building. Because a partition wall offers no support, you must be sure that you are not removing any structural walls before beginning your project.
Adding Storage by Building a Partition Wall
It is easy to add a closet to an otherwise unused corner of a room by putting up a partition wall. Follow the steps below and soon you will have extra storage space.
- Decide the length and width of the closet.
- Frame in a partition wall with an opening for a bi-fold door.
- Install and finish sheet rock and prepare it for primer and paint.
- Prime and paint the new surfaces.
- Install shelving or hanging rods as desired for your type of storage.
- Install a bi-fold door.
You are now ready to fill the closet with whatever you chose to store. A partition wall is easy to build and does not require extra reinforcement because it offers no structural support.