Properly Paint A Swimming Pool Diving Board Properly Paint A Swimming Pool Diving Board
A swimming pool diving board is great addition to your swimming pool. By properly maintaining your diving board, you will be able to enjoy it for many years to come. Painting the board, for example, is an easy way to maintain it and ensure its durability. Follow the easy steps below to easily and properly paint your swimming pool diving board.
The materials that you will need for this project include:
- Rag or damp cloth;
- Lightweight sandpaper sheet;
- Paint brush;
- Weather resistant primer, and;
- Weather resistant paint.
Steps to Paint Your Diving Board
A swimming pool diving board should be repainted every 1 to 2 years to prevent sun damage and dry rot. The steps to properly paint a swimming pool diving board are as follows:
- Clean and dry the diving board using the cloth or rag.
- Use lightweight sandpaper to sand off the existing paint.
- Wipe the paint and sand dust off the diving board.
- Apply a coat of weather resistant primer and allow it to dry for a full day.
- Apply a coat of weather resistant paint and allow it to also dry for a full day.
- Apply a second coat of weather resistant paint to the board and let dry an additional day.