Quiet dehumidifiers are devices that remove moisture from the air in a home without generating a great deal of sound in the process. They take air from a home’s atmosphere and remove moisture through a filtration system.
Why people use quiet dehumidifiers
Quiet dehumidifiers can serve a number of functions in a home beyond simply making the air less damp. The other reasons that people prefer to operate quiet dehumidifiers include:
- Controlling mold – When quiet dehumidifiers are used in a damp environment, they reduce the chances of mold growth. This can be very important for keeping an indoor environment healthy.
- Smell control – If mold is an issue, odors can be a problem. Quiet dehumidifiers can reduce the moisture to feed mold growth and help lessen the chances of a musty smell forming or overpowering.
Quiet dehumidifiers and their care
Quiet dehumidifiers, just like standard models, do require some routine maintenance. To gain the full benefit of using quiet dehumidifiers make sure to:
- Put them in the dampest area in a home – Quiet dehumidifiers are commonly placed in basements or other damp areas.
- Keep the windows closed – Allowing more moisture in can cause these machines to overwork.
- Clean them – Quiet dehumidifiers must be emptied and cleaned on a regular basis to prevent mildew and mold growth.