Sponge Painting Sponge Painting
The variations are unlimited depending on the color you select for your base coat, the number of glaze colors used and how lightly or heavily you apply the glaze(s). Armaly ProPlus Painting Sponges are available in fine, medium or coarse textures. The irregular shape and surface of the sponge will help you create effects from subtle to bold.
- Paint your base coat with a latex satin or semi-gloss paint and allow to dry.
- Tip: If painting over oil base paint with latex use a primer first to promote paint adhesion.
- Tip: Rinse the sponge if it becomes clogged.
- Tip: A good way to achieve extra depth is by using several tones of the same color.
- Tip: Always experiment first on sample board. Use a clean palette and sponge for each other. Don't ignore the corners. Use small pieces of sponge or q-tips to get into those small spaces
Courtesy of Armaly ProPlus