Stainless Steel Countertops Stainless Steel Countertops
Stainless steel countertops, once the choice of professional kitchens, are now a popular choice for homes. The metallic hue of stainless steel countertops blends well with almost any décor.
Advantages of stainless steel countertops
- Stainless steel can easily handle hot pots.
- Stainless steel does not stain (obviously).
- It is almost maintenance free and easy to wipe clean.
- It is flexible and can be molded into any shape, which means that no separate backsplashes are needed.
- Its reflective qualities multiply the effect of light making a smaller space appear larger.
Drawbacks of stainless steel countertops
- Scratches show up very easily.
- It can dull knives.
- It shows fingerprints and may not be a good choice if you have young children.
- Stainless steel can dent easily if it is not placed on top of a strong base.
- It is difficult to fabricate and a costly option.
Maintenance of stainless steel countertops
The major reason stainless steel countertops is popular with professionals is that a quick wash with warm water and soap is all that is required to maintain it. However, abrasive pads and steel wool should be avoided as they will scratch the surface.