Step-By-Step Pocket Door Repair Step-By-Step Pocket Door Repair
A pocket door repair isn’t a difficult one. Just follow this step by step guide and your door will be rolling smoothly in no time.
- Remove the door. You can do this with a putty knife or flat chisel. You’ll want to break the paint seal, and remove any moulding around the door first. Pay attention to the door jambs.
- With the door centered, tilt it toward you, and lift it out of the overhead track.
- Inspect the rollers for damage or wear. If this needs to be replaced be sure to take the rollers to the hardware store with you.
- If the rollers look in tact, check the track for damage. If the track feels loose, just tighten the screws up. Replace the track if it is damaged.
- If the rollers look okay, and the track is undamaged, then check to see how the rollers are working on the track. Often they have become misaligned and just need an adjustment. If they are not rolling smoothly you may just need to replace them, even if they look fine.
- Once you have the problem diagnosed, you just need to correct it and re-hang the door.