A stone tile fireplace adds character to any fireplace. And there’s nothing worse than seeing one of those gorgeous tiles broken. When this happens, there is no need to panic. They are fairly simple to fix.
Remove Broken Tile
- When remove the broken tile you need to be careful not to break the surrounding tiles. Follow these steps:
- Get a hammer and nail.
- Put on a pair of goggles.
- Punch a hole in the center of the tile with a nail (this will minimize damage to surroundings tiles).
- Carefully chisel away at the broken tile.
Once the tile has been removed, sweep away and debris from the tile area. Using a vacuum can greatly help this process.
Setting the New Tile in Place
- Get latex primer, tile adhesive and a disposable towel.
- Paint a thin layer of latex primer to the surface. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area. You can use a towel to do this.
- Set the tile in to place.
- Press the tile gently in to the adhesive, using a slight rocking motion.
- You can use a screwdriver to pull off any excessive adhesive left behind.
That’s all there is to it.