Synthetic Slate Roofing Pros and Cons Synthetic Slate Roofing Pros and Cons
Installing synthetic slate roofing can provide you with a number of benefits as a homeowner. Here are few of the pros and cons of synthetic slate roofing.
- Looks--Synthetic slate roofing looks just like the real thing. Most people will not be able to tell the difference between synthetic and actual slate roofing.
- Cost--Another great feature about synthetic slate roofing is that it is a fraction of the cost of the actual slate. You can save a substantial amount of money by going with synthetic slate roofing instead of slate.
- Installation-- Installing synthetic slate roofing is quite a bit easier than installing the real thing. It is a lot lighter and therefore will be installed faster.
- Durability--Although it looks like the real thing is not quite as durable as actual slate tile. Real slate can last up to 150 years if properly installed. Synthetic slate roofing will not last nearly as long in most situations. It can stand up to normal wear and tear, but it will not be quite as good as the real thing.
- No value--When you install synthetic slate roofing, you will not get the added value that real slate roofing provides. Slate roofing is a big investment in when the house is appraised, real slate can add value.