Terms of the Trade: What Is a Ball Peen Hammer?

Lead Image

This hand tool is also known as a machinist's hammer, used in metalworking. One end of the head is shaped like a regular hammer, while the other end is shaped like a ball, which helps in forming metal into the desired shape.