Terms of the Trade: What Is a Bullnose Corner?

Bullnose corners are essentially rounded corners on the edges of walls and other surfaces in construction. As seen in the photo, they are commonly found in adobe-type structures, but have made their way into contemporary design as part of new construction homes. They give a finished look, and are easy for any DIYer working with drywall to achieve. Just use a rounded corner bead applied the same way as drywall tape, making sure the drywall sheets are cut short on the edges so they don't overlap.