Tips on Growing Roma Tomatoes
Roma tomatoes are firm, great-tasting tomatoes that are very popular use in salads and homemade spaghetti sauce. Growing Roma tomatoes is much like growing any other variety of tomato.
Growing and Caring for Roma Tomatoes
In order to help you grow the healthiest and tastiest tomatoes possible, here are a few tips for growing picture perfect specimens:
- Give your Roma tomatoes get plenty of water. All varieties of tomato plants require a constantly moist soil mixture, and the Roma variety is no different.
- Use rich, organic material in your soil and as much compost as possible.
- Use quality organic mulch to also help improve your Roma tomato crop grow healthy and strong.
- Stake Roma tomatoes off the ground when they reach a height of between 6 and 12 inches.
- Pick Roma tomatoes when they are red from bottom to top.