Used Diving Boards: Safety Checklist Used Diving Boards: Safety Checklist
Shopping for used diving boards is an excellent strategy for obtaining a quality diving board for your pool without spending a lot of money. While most used diving boards on the market are well maintained, others have been neglected and may not be safe. Before purchasing a used diving board, take the time to inspect it according to the following criteria.
- If the diving board is made out of wood, check it for signs of dry rot, warping, cracking or splintering.
- If the diving board is made out of plastic or fiberglass, check it for signs of sun peeling, cracking or dry rot.
- Verify that the owner has the instruction manual.
- Use the instruction manual to verify that all of the necessary equipment is included.
- Check all bolts, nuts and screws for signs of stripping or rust.
Taking these precautions will help ensure that you purchase a safe, well-maintained used diving board you will enjoy for many years to come.