Vinyl Siding Installation Cost Estimating
Vinyl siding installation costs vary on a variety of different levels. Some of the pricing differences is dependent upon where you live and the cost of labor. Below are some additional factors and samples of pricing for you to reference during your project research phase.
The average cost to purchase and have the vinyl siding installed is anywhere from $3.00 to $7.00 per square foot. If you are purchasing the vinyl separate from installation, you can be sure that the installation will cost anywhere between 30% and 50% of the raw material cost.
Remember, the average cost of installation varies greatly by a few different factors:
- Location - Labor prices based on the location is always different
- Type of Material - There are different types of vinyl available for installation. Higher quality vinyl and more decorative vinyl is usually more expensive to install than lower grade
- Time of Year - Prices for the installation usually varies. If you contract for the work during the off season there is a good chance that the vinyl installation cost will be lower.
Additional or Supplemental Costs
When you install a the vinyl siding you need to be prepared to spend additional money on the following items:
- Building Permits: The cost of this is dependent on your local municipality rules and regulations (usually will not cost more than a couple hundred dollars)
- Garbage Rental
- Removal of Old Siding
- Siding Accessories
Remember the Tools
If you are installing the siding yourself in order to save the money on labor, before you are ready to install your vinyl siding you better be prepared to purchase the tools necessary for this type of installation.
Fascia, Soffit and others
In the price of the overall installation for your vinyl siding, make sure that you know whether the price includes the installation of fascia, soffit and other components necessary for your project.
Are the Extras, Extra?
If you have selected to add door molding or dentil molding, as examples, to your exterior vinyl siding design, then you should probably be prepared to pay extra for these special pieces. Usually an installer will charge a flat fee for every extra component you add to your vinyl installation. Some installers may include it in the price of your installation, but you should always be sure of what is included before you begin.
Cheapest is not necessarily the best option when comparing vinyl cost estimates. In order to better lay out the estimates, ask important questions of the different installers for your vinyl siding. Some of the questions you should consider asking are as follows:
- How much experience does the installer have with this type of installation?
- Do they have any references that they can recommend?
- Are there cash discounts available for the purchase of the materials and the installation?
- Who will run the crew and be responsible for the job?
- What type of deposits are required before the job begins?
- What type of guarantee comes with the completion of the project?
All of the above questions are key in determining whether the pricing is fair and accurate. An informed decision is always a better one.