Full Spread Vinyl Flooring 2 - Tools & Materials Full Spread Vinyl Flooring 2 - Tools & Materials
Tools for Full-Spread Adhesive
- Pencil or ball point pen
- 1” wide ruler
- Notched trowel
- Notched blade or utility knife
- Rolling pin or (rented) 100 lb. roller
Most Common Mistakes
- When estimating the amount of sheet vinyl, forgetting to account for pattern matching at a seam.
- Unrolling sheet vinyl too early, or waiting too long to lay it, thereby causing it to shrink before it is permanently laid in place.
- Neglecting to use flooring materials with the compatible adhesive and appropriate trowel at seams.
- If you are applying a seamed floor, not laying the smaller section first.
You should get Adobe Flash Player so you can view our video.
Materials for Full-Spread Adhesive
- Craft or butcher paper
- Masking tape
- Sheet vinyl
- Seam sealer kit
Materials for Floor Preparation
- Leveling compound
- 1/4” plywood
- 6 penny ring
- shank nails