Install Indoor Wall Water Fountains in Six Easy Steps Install Indoor Wall Water Fountains in Six Easy Steps
Save Money by Installing a Wall Fountain Yourself
Today, we see an increasing number of home and business owners looking for ways of creating a serene environment. Some people choose plants, others fish tanks, and yet others, art. However, an exceptional way to produce a calm setting while improving the decorum of the room is with indoor wall mounted fountains. In addition to being beautiful, these fountains are also affordable and cost little to operate. As you will discover, installing indoor wall water fountains is something anyone can do. Of course, these instructions are general so you always want to read the instructions that come with the fountain but this will give you a good idea of the time and tools required for the job.
Hanging wall fountains can typically be installed within an hour. Keep in mind that in some cases, you may need to have an electrical outlet installed or help lifting the fountain due to weight.
- Phillip Head Screws and Screwdriver
- To start the process of hanging wall fountains, again, always read the instructions thoroughly before you drive any screws into the wall. For instance, you may find that your specific wall fountain needs some degree of assembly prior to hanging.
- Next, determine the location where the fountain will be placed. You may need a little assistance with this, having friends hold the fountain where you think you want it just to make 100% certain.
- With the pencil, mark the location where the top of the fountain will go.
- On the backside of the fountain, find the hanging mechanism, measuring between the two. Additionally, you will need to measure from the top of the fountain down to the brackets. Start by marking spots on the wall to coincide with the distance measurement for the clips, followed by the measurement from top to clips. In other words, if the indoor fountain has a distance of 14 inches between the two hanging clips, you would place two marks on the wall, 14 inches apart. If the distance from the top of the fountain to the clips were 20 inches, another mark would be placed on the wall to indicate this measurement.
- Using the hammer, gently tap the anchors into the wall on the marked spots for the hanging mechanisms, pushing only up to the thread portion. Now with the screwdriver, the screws would be inserted into the anchors and screwed in while leBy adding an indoor wall fountain to any room, a beautiful focal point and relaxing environment are created, something everyone can enjoy.
- Carefully lift the fountain, resting the hanging brackets onto the screws, making sure it is reading in place securely. Because many wall features are made of slate these units can be very heavy. To make lifting the feature easier it is a great idea to stand the feature on a piece of 2x4 on the floor once it is removed from the original packaging. By standing it on the 2x4 it will make it easier to get your hands under the unit and lift it up to the bracket on the wall.
As you can see, hanging wall fountains is not a difficult task. With a little time and effort, you will transform the appearance of any room. The benefits that you will enjoy from the sound of trickling water and design of the fountain are tremendous.