Wool carpet is one of the most well-known types of flooring in the world. Wool is one of the oldest carpet fibers on the planet and it is still popular to this day. Here are some of the pros and cons that come with wool carpet.
- Durability- Wool carpet is one of the most durable carpets in the world. It will stand up to a lot of abuse and it works great in a number of different applications.
- Feel- Nothing else feels quite like wool carpet. Wool presents you with one of the softest carpet fibers available and it feels great to walk on in your bare feet.
- Renewable- Wool is a renewable resource that does not negatively impact the environment when it is harvested.
- Cost- The biggest disadvantage of wool carpet is that it costs so much. It is one of the most expensive carpet fibers in the world and many people can not afford to pay for it. To have it installed, you would usually be looking at well over $100 per yard.
- Stain resistance- Wool is not as stain resistant as some of the other synthetic carpet fibers. In comparison to nylon, polyester, and triexta, it is not as naturally stain resistant.