The downstairs bath was a complete rip out. We found black mold due to the pipes bursting on the outside wall a few years ago from the previous owners. The shower stall that was there was peeling off the wall. We increased the size of the bathromm by going into the adjoining closet which actually it turned out to be the original footprint of the pantry. We insulated the outside walls and put in everything new. This was also the first time I did plaster work and the first time my husband and I did any kind of plumbing or electrical.
We are not quite done yetWe will be installing a "tin"drop ceiling.