Build a Brick Wood Fired Pizza Oven/Slow Smoker Combo
- Reinforcing steel
- 10 inch wet masonry saw
- Fire clay
- Fire brick
- Reclaimed old chicago brick
- Clay flue pipe
- Wood for making concrete forms
This video is extremely detailed and will walk you through each and every step. Let me know if you have any questions.
1. Design oven using Sketchup or similar design or CAD program. The model for this oven is available for download on the Sketchup 3D warehouse.
2. Build foundation. I go into a lot of detail on this important step in the video.
3. Dry stack concrete block, insert reinforcing and fill cells with concrete.
4. Build structural hearth out of reinforced concrete.
5. Insulate under oven with perlite concrete.
6. Build inner dome with fire brick.
7. Insulate oven and build outer dome.
8. Build flue and chimney.
9. Finish lower part of oven facade brick and build offset fire box.
10. Pour decorative concrete top and landing.
Flag as inappropriate
You are about to send warning of this page to an Editor. Continue?