If you want to have external HDD or live view, set up a raspberry pi security camera can help. I finished the whole project in below steps:
1. Select and install the Adafruit screen for Raspberry Pi
2. Install Raspbian for your Pi.
3. Set up WiFi on raspberry pi security camera. Just SSH in remotely using the IP address, username and password.
4. Use the command: sudo reboot to reboot the Pi
5. Enter the username and password
6. Install a camera viewer MPlayer
And then you can log in to the MPlayer to monitor your home.
Raspberry pi • Ip camera • Keyboard • Raspberry pi ip camera monitor • Wireless adaptor