The old wall was made up of concrete "stone" that was attached to the studs using metal mesh and a LOT of mortor! Demolition was hard & dirty work...but well worth the effort once I pulled it all away. Since some of the existing studs sat a little behind part of the fireplace bricks, I had to frame out so I could attach the sheet rock. I ran new electrical and put all of my video/audio wires in the wall for a clean look. Installed a new pellet stove insert. Installed new recessed lights and a ceiling fan. New paint on all walls. All that's left is to tile the hearth area. I poured self-leveling concrete in the base, which helped level the bottom. I've never tiled before, so I am taking my time in researching how I want to do this part. Any & all suggestions are welcome!!
Framing • Recessed lights • Insulation • Pellet stove insert • Fire-rated wall board • Paint &supplies • Electrical work • Ceiling fan • Switches • Wiring • New rug • Miscbuilding materials &tools (And a lot of sweat equity!!)